- In the Account Management view in the Management Console, expand the Storage Platform tree and select the name of the backup group to which the account belongs.
- In the workspace to the right, in the Accounts tab, right-click the name of the backup account you wish to move and click Change Group.
- In the dialog box that appears, choose a new backup group for the account from the Select Target Group drop-down menu.
- Tick the Move the allocated licences box and click OK. The account will now be listed under the new backup group in the Account Management view.
- An account cannot be moved into a group if doing so will cause that group's storage limit to be exceeded. See Article 1025 for more on group storage limits.
- If you move a backup account from a group that is configured for mirroring to a group that is not configured for mirroring, the account will be deleted from the MirrorServer after the retention period has elapsed (default: 24 hours).
- If you move a backup account from a backup group on a StorageServer that is configured for mirroring to a group on another StorageServer that is configured for mirroring, the backup account will be moved between MirrorServers automatically. No manual MirrorServer configuration is necessary.