Redstor Pro offers two types of reporting: Enterprise and Standard. The Enterprise Reports functionality is installed by default and can be used by any Administrator, while the Standard Reports functionality needs to be activated. If you do not see a Standard section listed in your Console’s Reports view, please contact your service provider. To get to the Reports view, open your Console and click the Reports button in the view selector on the left.
How to generate an Enterprise Report
You can manually run a report at any time or schedule it to be emailed automatically.
- To run a report manually:
- In the Reports tree on the left, choose a report category.
- In the work area to the right, double-click the name of the report you want to view. You can also right-click and choose Show report.
- The report will open in your default Internet browser.
Note: For instructions on how to create a report template, see Article 1123. For more examples, download the Enterprise Reports User Manual at the bottom of this page.
- To schedule a report to be emailed automatically:
- In the work area to the right, click on the report you want to schedule, then click the Schedule report button on the toolbar.
- If you did not select a specific report in the previous step, you will now be prompted to do so.
- Provide a name and description for this report, then click Next.
- Specify the delivery schedule.
- Specify the delivery options. Use the Add button to specify the addresses where the report should be emailed. Multiple email addresses should be separated with semicolons.
Note: Scheduled reports are displayed in the Scheduled Reports tab in the work area. To modify or delete an existing scheduled report, right-click the report and choose Configure or Delete. There are also buttons for these actions on the main toolbar at the top.
How to generate a Standard Report
Before you can enable Standard Reports, you must supply valid SMTP settings that will be used when the reports are emailed.
- To configure SMTP settings:
- Right-click the Standard node in the left-hand pane and choose Configure, or left-click the Standard node and then click the Configure icon in the toolbar at the top.
- Type the relevant host and port numbers in the boxes provided.
- Select Use secure connection (STARTTLS) to establish a secure connection to an online mail service like Gmail.
- If the server requires authentication, tick the Server requires authentication check box, then type the username and password details in the fields provided.
- Click Test settings to test that the entered details are correct.
- If successful, click OK.
- To enable a report:
- Double-click the relevant report category in the left-hand pane, or left-click it and then click the Configure button in the toolbar.
- Tick the Enable this report check box.
- Supply the required report configuration settings. You can enter multiple email addresses in the To box by separating them with commas.
Note: The BillingReport.csv file is automatically attached to the Licence Report and includes the Storage Platform licence information, specified per group.
- Under Report SyncSchedule, specify when you would like to email the reports by entering a date in the box provided or by selecting a particular email frequency.
- Use the Email this report now button to send the report manually (you may wish to do this to verify that all settings are correct or if you only want to run the report once), otherwise click OK.