How to add a group
- In the Storage Platform Management Console, open the Account Management view in the left-hand pane and expand the Storage Platform node.
- Right-click the name of the collection to which you want to add a group and choose Add Group or Collection. If you want to add a group outside of an existing collection, right-click Storage Platform at the top of the tree and choose Add Group or Collection.
- You can add a backup group to the Storage Platform collection (the root collection) or to any other collection but you cannot add a backup group to another group.
- Backup groups added directly to the Storage Platform collection can be configured individually. Backup groups added to any other collection will inherit the licencing, limits and user rights of that collection.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Backup Group.
- Create a name for the group. (Note that most special characters are not supported.)
- Enter a storage limit for the group, or set the amount to 0 to use the maximum storage available in the parent collection. (Note that the sum of the storage limits of groups in a collection cannot exceed that collection’s own storage limit. More information here.)
- Enter a create key of 50 characters or less. This will be used during client deployment and prevents the unauthorised creation of backup accounts.
- Specify the default maximum account size and new account location, and click Finish.
- Next, you need to add licences to allow users to add backup accounts to your new group. To do this, stay in the Account Management view and double-click the group’s name (or right-click > Configure).
- In the Configure Group dialog box that appears, click the Licences tab.
- Click on the type of licence you wish to add to the group, e.g. Enterprise Server Edition and add a number to the field at the bottom. Click Add. (If the Add button is disabled, the backup collection to which this group belongs does not sufficient licences assigned to it. To purchase additional licences, please contact your software provider.)
- Make sure the InstantData box is ticked and click OK.
Note: To view the number of licences a specific group has assigned to it, click the group name in the Account Management tree and then the Licencing tab in the workspace to the right. The Remaining column shows the number of licences that are still available.
How to delete a group:
- In the Storage Platform Management Console, open the Account Management view in the left-hand pane and expand the Storage Platform tree.
- Right-click the name of the group you want to delete and choose Delete Group. You can also click the group name followed by the Delete button on the main toolbar at the top.
A group can only be deleted if it no longer contains any backup accounts.