To install our ESE Data Management Agent, you will need a Windows Installer (MSI) file. To get this file:
- RedApp customers: See Article 1311.
- Platform customers: See Article 103.
- Other customers: Go to our Downloads page, click on the latest release at the top, and choose the appropriate installer for your OS from the ESE Agent tab.
Watch our how-to video or see the listed steps for more detailed instructions.
Installing the Agent
1. Run this MSI file on any Windows host and follow the prompts.
2. Once the installation has completed, a wizard will start the account creation process.
3. In the Storage Platform settings dialog box, enter the information you received from your Redstor account manager. If the DM Agent is being deployed from the Console, the information in this dialog box will have been pre-populated.
4. Now select I want to create a new Backup Account.
5. Next, provide a password and encryption key of your choice.
IMPORTANT: THIS ENCRYPTION KEY NEEDS TO BE KEPT IN A SAFE PLACE AS IT CANNOT BE RESET IF FORGOTTEN.
6. Clicking Next will then create the Account, which will be visible in the Console.
7. Once the Account has been created, it will be allocated some storage from its parent Group. The default account size can be customised as required.
8. You can now specify when you would like automatic backups to occur.
Note: The Pro ESE Agent uses a working folder to process the backup. It is important to exclude this working folder from any antivirus software on this host in order to make backups faster and more reliable. The default path to exclude is C:\ProgramData\Redstor Pro\Backup Client ESE\data.
9. Click Finish to complete the Agent setup.
10. To do a test backup, select a file(s)/folder(s) to back up, or turn on the Full System Backup (FSB) option at the top, then click Backup.
You are now fully set up to do backups and manage your data! Watch our video below to see how backup selections work, or read more here.
To read more about everything you can do with Redstor, have a look at our Overviews section.