Enterprise Server Edition
- To ensure your SIMS (Schools Information Management System) databases are healthy, we do a database check on each database before they are backed up.
- Any errors will be logged but the backup will proceed as normal even if corruption was detected
- The database check is enabled by default
- To disable, edit the following in a5backup.properties (see FAQ article 1252)
- To ensure a secure and uninterrupted service, we defensively monitor stored account settings for corruption or malicious modification.
- This service will help prevent missing or corrupt settings caused by access from unauthorised third parties.
- Corrupted files will be recreated with the last known good contents if an issue is detected
The TLS version for Email Notifications can be set when enabling 'Encrypt Connection (STARTTLS)'
- TLS versions 1.0 - 1.3
- Also configurable via profiling
- TLS versions 1.0 - 1.3
Control Centre (available for preview)
Additional columns added:
- 'Data not selected' shows the amount of data not selected on a collection level
- 'Storage optimisation' shows how much data older than 12 months can be archived on a collection level
- 'Data protection' shows how much data is protected on a collection level
In v18.2 we introduced the data verification feature. It's a convenient way to regularly read all the data for each of your accounts, checking that all the files are present and intact.This feature will be enabled by default from v19.11 to the benefit of all customers.For more information, see FAQ 1158.
Improved the Full System Recovery wizard for a more user friendly experience
- The 'Target' field now indicates 'Local Virtual Disk Files' to restore to a file
- The Start or Next buttons are not active until all required information is supplied
Cloud to Cloud
To prevent unauthorised restores and access to restored data, we now prompt for the Microsoft tenant admin credentials for each restore request.
The following issues have been resolved:
Red: Critical issues Green: Issues fixed in update
|24405||Scheduled reports being received as blank when user account is deleted|
|24115||IDP not hydrating files correctly on restore when user doing restore has insufficient rights|
|25176||FSR.Console doesn't have help file embedded|
|18323||BMR exe should have correct version and icon|
|24694||UI reports incorrect error when unable to create a backup set|
|23028||Pressing "ESC" when in BackupSchedule dialog, saves time slot changes instead of cancelling|
|22481||Renaming of Backup Set - foreign characters should not be allowed|
|ESE Backup Client|
|25228||InsightScan failed to complete when identifying incorrect windows volume drive type|
|25216||Fixed a NullPointerException caused by a certain hardware configuration from failing the backup|
|25181||Speed improvements when backing up directories containing a large (millions) number of files.|
|25119||Insight Scan failing on Linux Ubuntu System|
|24930||Email notification SMTL STARTTLS won't use TLSv1.2, only the outdated TLSv1|
|24864||Attempt to restore basic file attributes of drive root causes warnings in log|
|23633||ESE suffers from high memory use (see FAQ Article 1253)|