To facilitate future growth and to ease connectivity and peering requirements, the Redstor ZA Data Management Platform is moving to a new dedicated IP space. It is imperative that you open these ranges on your firewall in order for you to continue to benefit from the service.
To test your connectivity to these ranges, use one of the methods below. These tests must be performed from a machine where the Redstor Agent is installed and operational.
Method 1: Test using your web browser
Two StorageServer instances have been configured for you to test your connectivity. Both are reachable via your web browser. Use the following steps to perform this test:
- Using your web browser, follow one of these links:
https://zadc1ss41.pro.redstor.com OR https://184.108.40.206
https://zadc1ss42.pro.redstor.com OR https://220.127.116.11
- A successful test will yield a web page with a Redstor banner (as below).
- If unsuccessful, please contact your IT administrator for assistance.
Method 2: Ping and telnet testing
Note: This method only applies if you do not use a proxy server to access the Storage Platform.
Telnet is a network protocol that provides a command-line interface (CLI) to communicate with a device. Use the following steps to perform this test:
- Open your CLI (command prompt).
- Type one of the following:
telnet 18.104.22.168 443
telnet 22.214.171.124 443
- A successful test will yield a blank CLI window with a flashing cursor (as below). Note that the StorageServer will report not receiving any data - this is expected behaviour.
- If you get the error "Could not open a connection to host on port 443", it means the StorageServer could not be reached via the network. Please contact your IT administrator for assistance.