You can export a backup Snapshot to a removable drive or to a UNC path.
How to export a Snapshot to a removable drive
1. In the Backup Selection tab of the Redstor Pro ESE client, select the data that you wish to protect. (To check the size of the backup once you have selected all the relevant data, click the Size button in the toolbar at the top.)
2. Insert a USB disk into the server or present it as a network share.
3. In the backup client, go to Tools > Snapshot > Export Backup Snapshot.
4. In the dialog box that appears, tick the box The next backup must be a Snapshot backup. To backup all the data from the client, also tick Force a full backup.
5. Select the USB or network share as the Location and click Backup Now.
6. Once the Snapshot backup has finished, check the backup logs for any warnings or errors.
Note: The backup account will be disabled and will report an error on any scheduled backups until the Snapshot as been uploaded into the Redstor datacenter by the Management Console.
How to export a Snapshot to a UNC path
If you are using a virtual machine or cannot connect a removable drive, you can export to a UNC path. Depending on the configuration of the systems involved, you may need to configure Snapshot Export, or Snapshot Import, or both.
1. Configure your temporary Snapshot UNC location, ensuring that it has sufficient space for your Snapshot.
2. Close the backup client and stop the service.
3. Change the service user to one that has full read/write access to the UNC path, as well as any files you have selected for backup.
4. Apply the changes and restart the service.
5. Open the backup client and navigate to Tools > Snapshot > Export Backup Snapshot.
6. In the Export Backup Snapshot dialog box, select The next backup must be a Snapshot backup and enter your UNC path into the Destination box. Click OK.
7. Manually initiate a backup or wait for the next scheduled backup to occur. If the user permissions for the UNC path are correctly configured, the Snapshot will be exported there.