Redstor's Storage Analyser tool tells you how much space you can free up by offloading inactive data to the cloud. This can help you significantly reduce your primary storage costs. The Storage Analyser scans local hard drives and makes calculations from the file metadata - no actual data or personally identifiable information is collected.
To use this tool:
1. Download the Storage Analyser here.
2. Double-click the .exe file to install the application.
3. Select the volumes to scan and click Scan.
The scan wil begin.
4. Once the scan has completed, click View analysis.
5. You will be redirected to the Redstor Analysis Platform in your web browser. To see your potential savings, simply swipe the slider to adjust the time frame (1 to 24 months). A graph will also show the proportion of your data that has been inactive during that time frame.
Note: Only Windows is supported.