Note: Versions of the Console older than v18.1 will not auto update and must be manually updated to the latest version first. Please download and install the latest Console installer file from our Downloads page.
How to enable automatic Management Console updates
1. In the Storage Platform Management Console, open the Storage Platform Configuration view.
2. Right-click AccountServer and click Configure.
3. Open the Updates tab.
4. Tick the checkbox Automatically download updates.
5. Specify which version of updates to download (latest, second-latest or preview).
6. Add the list of recipients to receive the notification. Separate multiple email addresses with a semi-colon.
7. Click on OK to apply the settings.
From now on, the Console will download a new update automatically whenever one is available. An Update button will appear on the toolbar; click this button to install the update.
Additional information on the update process
- The AccountServer will periodically download Console installers (to the Installer/Console or ClientUpdates folder) for all brands found on the AccountServer.
- To expedite downloads, open the Console in the Storage Platform Configuration view. Right-click the relevant AccountServer and go to Advanced > Update Licence Info.
- If a Console connects to a brand not yet available on the AccountServer (from the Installer/Console folder), the AccountServer will start downloading this brand's Console installer. It will become available to Consoles when they connect after the download is complete.