1. In the Storage Platform Management Console, open the Storage Platform Configuration view.
2. Right-click AccountServer and click Configure.
3. Open the Updates tab.
4. Tick the checkbox Automatically download updates.
5. Specify which version of updates to download (latest, second-latest or preview).
6. Add the list of recipients to receive the notification. Separate multiple email addresses with a semi-colon.
7. Click on OK to apply the settings.
From now on, the Console will download a new update automatically whenever one is available. An Update button will appear on the toolbar; click this button to install the update.
Note: Versions of the Console older than v18.1 will not auto update and must be manually updated to the latest version first.
Additional information on the update process
- The AccountServer will periodically download Console installers (to the Installer/Console or ClientUpdates folder) for all brands found on the AccountServer.
- To expedite downloads, open the Console in the Storage Platform Configuration view. Right-click the relevant AccountServer and go to Advanced > Update Licence Info.
- If a Console connects to a brand not yet available on the AccountServer (from the Installer/Console folder), the AccountServer will start downloading this brand's Console installer. It will become available to Consoles when they connect after the download is complete.