Enabling Storage Platform update
In the Storage Platform Console open Storage Platform Configuration view.
From the menu, select AccountServer > Configure... (alternatively, right-click on AccountServer > Configure), opening the Configure AccountServer dialog.
Select the Updates tab
Select the checkbox for Automatically download updates
Specify Which version to download: Latest / Latest -1 / Preview
Add the list of recipients to receive the notification. Separate multiple email addresses with a semi-colon
- Click on OK to apply the settings.
- The SP Console connecting to the AccountServer must be version 18.1 or later. Older versions of the SP Console will not auto update and must be manually updated to the latest version first.
- The 'Update' button will only show if a version newer that the connecting Console is available on the AccountServer.
Additional information on the update process
- The AccountServer will periodically download Console installers for all Brands found on the AccountServer (in the Installer\Console folder or in ClientUpdates folder).
It first needs to get the latest activation information from the Licence Server which is done at random times, and then it will download available updates during the OnHourTimer. (By default the OnHourTimer method runs 30 minutes after the hour.)
- To expedite the download, you can ensure that the activation information is retrieved and the download start with the next execution of OnHourTimer by selecting Update Licence Info from the Advanced menu on the AccountServer node in the Console.
- If a Console connects with a brand not yet available on the AccountServer (Installer\Console folder), the AccountServer will then start downloading this branded Console installer. It will become available to Consoles when they connect after the download is complete.