There may be situations where you cannot get the GUI to load (for instance an unsupported browser) and you need to run a restore. This can be done via the command line with the ClientTool.exe.
The ClientTool is located within the installation directory (C:\Program Files\Redstor Online Backup Plus\) and has a number of parameters that can or need to be set.
I've placed the command variables below in the order they should be placed, the bolded parameters are mandatory.
ClientTool.exe control.restore.start -datasource x -existing-files-restore-policy x -restore-to "x" -selection "x" -time "x"
- -datasource - Which datasource you wish to restore, only one can be done at a time: FileSystem, SystemState, NetworkShares, Exchange, VssMsSql, VMware, VssHyperV.
- -existing-files-restore-policy - Whether you wish to override files or place only missing ones: Overwrite, Skip. Default is overwrite.
- -restore-to - If you wish to restore to a temp location, if there are spaces remember to "your path".
- -selection - If you don't wish to restore the whole datasource you can specify a path within it, again don't forget to use "marks for paths with spaces". Multiple -selection can be made to restore several folders/items. When restoring folders please ensure you leave off the final \ as per the example below.
- -time - If you remove this the client will automatically restore from the latest backup; this must be placed in as "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS". Please be aware you must specify the actual start time of the backup, which can vary from the scheduled time. Checking the console or client will show the specific time.
ClientTool.exe control.restore.start -datasource FileSystem -restore-to "D:\Temp" -selection "C:\Users\My Documents\Project 1" -time "2015-07-01 19:00:02"