Redstor Online Backup Plus supports the backup of Windows Core Server . There are some considerations that need to be taken into account when deploying the solution within a Windows Server Core environment.
1. Access to a device with a web browser running IE 10> (or equivalent). The device needs to be able to connect to the Windows Core Server on port 5000.
2. A copy of the backup client will need to be downloaded from kb.redstor.com within the Redstor Online Backup Plus downloads page. It may be necessary create a share on the Windows Core Server which you can then copy the installer to.
3. At the time of release the backup client (version 15.01 or lower) does not allow for the absence of the following file from Windows Core "C:\Windows\System32\InfDefaultInstall.exe" and if not present will result in the Backup Accelerator feature not installing. Please note that this does not affect any other aspect of the backup client's operation.
1. Run the BackupPlus.exe installer on the server.
2. Remotely access the client user interface via the remote web browser. E.g. http://10.0.0.89:5000
3. Follow the installation wizard to complete the installation process.
4. Configure the backup selection. The client will then run to schedule or alternatively a manual backup can be initiated by clicking "Run Backup".
Notes and Useful Commands
Creating a Share Via Command Line: net share redstor=C:\redstor /grant:everyone,FULL
Installing Telnet for connection testing: pkgmgr /iu:"TelnetClient" or "start /w ocsetup TelnetClient"