Note: If you do not yet have a group certificate, see Article 009.
To upload a group certificate to the Storage Platform:
- Navigate to the certificate on the machine running the Console. The default location is C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\Console\Certificates, but the directory may differ depending on your operating system.
- The Certificates folder contains subfolders for each collection and/or backup group on the Storage Platform. Paste the "groupcertsigned.crt" file into the relevant group folder. Example: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Redstor Backup Pro\Console\Certificates\DEMOonlinebackup.redstor.com
- Next, open the Account Management view in the Management Console.
- Right-click the applicable group name and click Certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Click Upload Group Certificate.
A backup account user’s encryption key is captured when the account performs a successful backup following the upload of the group certificate.
Note: It is not possible to capture the encryption key of an account retrospectively. The group certificate must be in place and the account must have completed a backup for the key to be captured. See also Article 1148.