As a backup administrator, you may find it useful to have access to the encryption keys used by your backup accounts. You can gain access to these by requesting a group certificate and then uploading it to the Storage Platform using the Management Console.
Important note: A backup client's encryption key will only be captured when a backup is performed following the upload of the group certificate. If the client is not active after the group certificate is uploaded, the key will not be captured.
To request a group certificate:
1. In the Account Management view, select the group name.
2. Right-click the group name and then click Certificate in the drop-down menu.
3. Click Request Certificate.
4. In the Information box that appears, click OK.
5. In the Passphrase dialog box, type a passphrase, confirm it and click OK.
6. The info dialog box that appears will provide you with the location of your newly created certificate file (.csr). To activate your certificate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- your .csr file
- your signed group certificate request form (available for download below).