The new browser based GUI supports the ability to remotely log into client, this is enabled by default.
If you can connect to the remote machine on port 5000 you will be asked to present the device name & password. You can then perform all tasks available within the GUI without having to log into the local machine.
- All processing takes place on the client machine, restores can only be performed to locations the client machine can view.
- For most this will be generally limited to clients within your LAN
- Load a supported browser
- Type in the IP of the machine you wish to connect to with :5000 on the end
- It will prompt for the device name & password, this information can be acquired within the cloud management console.
- It will then grant you access to the remote machine and you can perform any tasks needed.
- If you choose the option to save the device name & password you can quicken the process to login. Be aware that any person with access to your machine may then be able to access any client you have saved.
If you have security concerns and wish to disable the remote connection please see the article here.