Redstor Online Backup Plus supports the use of Performance throttling. Performance throttling is useful when you wish to restrict the amount of data being sent or received by the backup client during specified hours. E.g. 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Note: Setting a limit of “0” will result in the backup/restore process “pausing” until the limit is changed.
By default the bandwidth limit feature is turned off. This setting can be changed as follows:
- Firstly open the Redstor Online Backup Plus client and navigate to Actions>Preferences
- From Preferences select the Performance tab
- You can then choose to limit bandwidth by checking the “limit bandwidth box” and specifying a time duration which the limits will apply to.
- It is possible to exclude certain plugins from the bandwidth limitation. Simply check the relevant tick box to set this for the chosen plugin(s).
- Once finished click “Apply” to confirm the changes.