Redstor Online Backup Plus has built in reporting on the status of backups. This is known as the “dashboard”. The dashboard can be found by opening a v13.x client and navigating to “Reports”, v14 clients no longer have the dashboard within the client. If you choose to use email reporting, you will also receive a copy of the backup accounts dashboard via email.
Example Email Dashboard Report
A – This references the state of the last session of a plugin. Each plugin status is listed separately.
Green indicates a session completed successfully.
Orange indicates that a session completed with errors.
Red indicates that a session aborted, was interrupted or failed.
Yellow indicates that a session is still in process.
B – This references the state of the account in regards to all sessions. The colour status will reflect the following scenarios.
i. If the most recent backup completed within 24 hours it will reflect the status of the last backup session.
ii. If the most recent backup completed between 24 and 48 hours ago it will show an orange status.
iii. If the most recent backup completed more than 48 hours ago it will show a red status.
iv. If multiple plugins are in use the status of error/failed sessions will take priority over successful sessions in regards to overall reporting. In such a scenario the status would be displayed orange or red depending on the session state.
Other Status Indications
- Device Name – This is the name of the backup account. E.g. Server-01
- Partner – This is the name of your organisation.
- Product – Controls what plugins are available and your retention
- Used Storage – Amount of storage used by the backup account. This figure represents data stored within the Redstor Cloud in its encrypted, compressed and duplicated state.
- Last successful backup – The start time of your last backup
- Status – Overall backup status (takes the most negative value)
- Last Backup Manager activity time – The last recorded activity for the client
- Backup Indicator – Shows history for the entire account over the last 28days.
- Selected Size/Number of files – The amount of local data you have selected to protect on your device in its raw format at the time of the last backup.
- Files Processed/Size of processed files – The amount of data the client had to process whilst trying to detect changes
- Sent size - The amount of new and unique data that was sent (after deduplication and compression)
- Number of errors - The number of errors on last backup