Note: This assumes that the SharePoint server is configured as a single instance.
- Install the Backup Plus Client Software.
- Ensure that the following prerequisite steps are taken before attempting a backup:
- > Manually start the SharePoint Foundation VSS Writer service. Open Administrative Tools, navigate to and open Services and start the services called Volume Shadow Copy and SharePoint 2010 VSS Writer.
- > Register the Writer in the Windows registry by running the STSADM -o registerwsswriter command from a system console. The executable is located in the %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\14\BIN directory.
- Open the backup client and select the VSS SharePoint Backup from the backup selection tab. SharePoint should then be visible for backup.
- To confirm backup status check the progress window or alternatively check the logs on backup completion.