To be sure the Backup register and other important files are restored successfully, you’ll have to do the following steps:
- Install the same Windows version as the lost system.
- Update it to the same service-pack level as the lost system.
- If it was a domain controller with Active Directory, make sure an empty Active Directory is created (dcpromo.exe, using blank/random information).
- Install the Backup Plus client connecting to the device of the machine you wish to restore.
- Reboot the machine in Directory Services Restore mode (If it was a domain controller with Active Directory).
- Go to ‘Restore’ tab of Client, select the date of backup and perform the restore.
- When the restore process is finished, reboot the machine as prompted.
- After the reboot the System State will be restored.