The following article provides step by step process for conducting a single item restore from a VMware (vmdk) virtual disk.
- From the command line (cmd.exe) please navigate to the following directory: "C:\Program Files\Redstor Online Backup Plus\vddk"
- Run the following command "vmware-mount m:n B:\VMWareBackupPlugin\2014-01-31-09-13-40\172.16.1.250\DC2\host\vSphere-DC2-Cluster-1\Resources\Lab\WINXP\Hard disk 1.description.vmdk" (Modify example path as required where the path is the location of the vmdk file you wish to browse).
- When prompted select "mount". [mount, unmount, exit]
- You will then be prompted to select an available drive letter to associate with the virtual disk to be mounted.
- Next you need to specify the path of the virtual disk to be mounted.
- Lastly enter a virtual disk volume number. The default is 
You should now be able to browse the virtual disk within Windows explorer.