1. In the ESE Agent, click on Options in the toolbar at the top and then on Remote Access in the sidebar on the left.
Note: For the Linux ESE Agent, this setting can also be enabled using the command line. See this article for details.
2. Choose between these access options:
- Storage Platform: the user that is logged in to the Storage Platform Console can connect remotely.
- Custom password: the user that is logged in to the Console will need an additional password to connect.
Note: Once the setting is enabled and saved, a unique secure tunnel created through the account's StorageServer allows the Console to connect to the Agent.
3. Open the Console and start the remote Agent from an ESE account (or by using the Remote button on the toolbar at the top).
Note: This requires the same Agent Update and Brand Update versions as those currently used by the account's remote Agent to be installed.
- Multiple connections are allowed, but not recommended.
- It is possible to connect to Windows, Linux or AIX Agents.
- No additional firewall rules are required.
- When converting SE Accounts to ESE, the Remote Management setting is not converted to the ESE's Remote Access setting. See Article 903.
- The setting in the Agent cannot be profiled.
Warning: Do not disable the setting in the remote Agent while a remote connection is active.