How to connect remotely
- Enable Remote Access in the ESE backup client's Options and Settings dialog box.
Note: This setting is enabled differently for the Linux ESE Backup Client when using the command line. See this article for details.
- Choose between these access options:
- Storage Platform: the user that is logged in to the Storage Platform Management Console can connect remotely.
- Custom password: the user that is logged in to the Console will need an additional password to connect.
Note: Once the setting is enabled and saved, is a unique secure tunnel created through the account's StorageServer allows the Console to connect to the client.
- Open the Console and start the remote client from an ESE account (or by using the Remote button on the toolbar at the top).
Note: This requires the same Client Update and Brand Update versions as currently used by the account's remote client to be installed.
- Multiple connections are allowed, but is not recommended.
- Can connect to both Windows and Linux ESE clients.
- No additional firewall rules are required.
- When converting SE Accounts to ESE, the Remote Management setting is not converted to the ESE's Remote Access setting.
- The setting in the backup client cannot be profiled.
Warning: Do not disable the setting in the remote client while a remote connection is active.