From release v17.7 can remote connections be made from the Storage Platform Console to Backup Clients.
- Enable "Remote Access" in the Backup Client's Options and Settings.
Note: This setting is enabled differently for the Linux ESE Backup Client when using the command line. See this article for details.
- Choose between these access options:
- Storage Platform: the user logged in to the Storage Platform Console can connect remotely.
- Custom password: the user logged in to the Storage Platform Console will need an additional password to connect.
Note: Once the setting is enabled and saved, is a unique secure tunnel created through the Account's StorageServer allowing the SP Console to connect to the Client.
- Open the SP Console, start the remote Client from a selected ESE Account or 'Remote' toolbar button.
Note: This requires that the same "ClientUpdate" and "BrandUpdate" versions be installed that are currently used by the Account's remote Client.
- Multiple connections are allowed but is not recommended.
- Can connect to both Windows and Linux ESE Clients.
- No additional firewall rules are required.
- When converting SE Accounts to ESE, the Remote Management setting is not converted to the ESE's Remote Access setting.
- The setting in the Backup Client cannot be profiled.
Warning: Do not disable the setting in the remote Client while a remote connection is active.