1. In the ESE backup client, click on Options in the toolbar at the top and then on Remote Access in the sidebar on the left.
Note: This setting is enabled differently for the Linux ESE Backup Client when using the command line. See this article for details.
2. Choose between these access options:
- Storage Platform: the user that is logged in to the Storage Platform Management Console can connect remotely.
- Custom password: the user that is logged in to the Console will need an additional password to connect.
Note: Once the setting is enabled and saved, a unique secure tunnel created through the account's StorageServer allows the Console to connect to the client.
3. Open the Console and start the remote client from an ESE account (or by using the Remote button on the toolbar at the top).
Note: This requires the same Client Update and Brand Update versions as currently used by the account's remote client to be installed.
- Multiple connections are allowed, but is not recommended.
- Can connect to both Windows and Linux ESE clients.
- No additional firewall rules are required.
- When converting SE Accounts to ESE, the Remote Management setting is not converted to the ESE's Remote Access setting.
- The setting in the backup client cannot be profiled.
Warning: Do not disable the setting in the remote client while a remote connection is active.