Backups are blocked when an account's storage limit has been reached. (To read more about storage limits, see this article.) In other words, the backup service will not start to transfer data if addition of the data selected will cause the account limit to be exceeded.
The only exception is if an allowed overspill percentage has been specified. To do this:
- In the Storage Platform Console, in the Account Management view, right-click the name of the group to which the account belongs and click Configure Group.
- In the field Allowed Storage Overspill in the Admin tab, specify a percentage.
To configure an email notification to be sent in the case of an account going over limit, do the following:
- In the Console, in the Account Management view, right-click the name of the group to which the account belongs and click Configure Group.
- In the second tab, Notification, there is a Group Administrator text field where you can enter the email addresses of admins who need to receive a notification.
To receive a report of accounts that are over their limit, do the following:
- In the Console, open the Reports view.
- Under Enterprise in the tree on the left, click Other.
- In the workspace to the right, click OverLimit ESE and then the Schedule report button in the taskbar at the top.
- Create a name for the report and click Next.
- Specify when you would like to receive a report. Click Next.
- Specify delivery instructions for the report by clicking Add. Click Finish when you're done.
The GroupOverLimit report provides clickable links that will trigger API calls to automatically adjust group storage limits on the Storage Platform.
Note: The GroupOverLimit report is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
Account limits can be adjusted manually after inspecting the report. To do this:
- In the Console, in the Account Management view, click the name of the group to which the account belongs from the list on the left.
- Then, in the workspace on the right, right-click the name of the account whose limit you wish to adjust and click Change Account Size.
- Enter a new size in GB and click OK.