For Enterprise Server Edition (ESE) Backup Clients on v17.10 and later, backups will be blocked when the Account limit has been reached. Previously, backups were still allowed even if Accounts were over their limits.
New Account Limit Behaviour
From v17.10, the following will apply:
- The backup will not start to transfer data if the data selected is more than the Account limit
- An over-limit notification email will be sent by the Storage Platform (if configured)
- The Overspill setting will still be honoured (set on the Group)
Preparing for v17.10
All ESE backup Account limits must be adjusted to ensure that the limit is more than the "Data Protected" size of the Account (corresponds closely with the "Size" calculation that can be viewed on the Backup Client).
To aid with this process, we've provided the following:
- A new "Automatic" setting on Group limits to allow Groups to inherit limits from their parent Groups/Collections.
- Reports to help identify and update Account and Group limits
- Upgrade your Backup Pro software to v17.9 or later to be able to use automatic Group limits (see Article 1025)
- Inspect the following reports in the SP Console to help make necessary limit adjustments:
- Account limits: Adjust manually after inspecting the "Overlimit ESE" Enterprise report.
- Group Storage Limits: Adjust after inspecting the "GroupOverLimit" report (available from v17.9)
Note: This report provides clickable links that will trigger API calls to automatically adjust limits on the Storage Platform.
The GroupOverLimit report is not compatible with Internet Explorer.