The steps below need to be performed by the backup administrator to enable access to InstantData.
1. Install thesupporting software
- Install the latest version of the Storage Platform Management Console.
- Ensure .NET 4.5 is installed on the machine that will be running InstantData.
- Ensure that the Windows user account executing the program has elevated privileges.
2. Check your activation
- The appropriate Redstor activation is required on your AccountServer.
- To view your activation status in the Console, open the Storage Platform Configuration view. The relevant information can be found on the Summary tab.
- Contact your Redstor reseller to arrange an activation if required.
3. Check your licencing
If the relevant activation exists for your AccountServer, InstantData can be enabled on appropriate backup groups. To check your licencing:
- In the Console, in the Account Management view, right-click on the appropriate group and click Configure.
- In the Configure Group window, navigate to the Licences tab and tick the InstantData box.
- Click OK.
Now, when right-clicking on a backup account within the group, the InstantData button will be visible and will also appear on the toolbar. The group's setting will also be updated immediately on StorageServers and MirrorServers affected by this group. This allows InstantData to be run without the Console.