Note: For information on backing up Microsoft OneDrive to a Redstor platform, see Article 1159.
When used together with the Microsoft OneDrive for Business (Office 365) Windows agent, Redstor Pro software can be used to back up files to a location outside the service.
Redstor Pro allows the restoring of different file revisions from different backup dates, and can also be used to restore deleted files.
- Install the Microsoft OneDrive Windows agent for your desktop or laptop user and configure the agent to synchronise your personal OneDrive for Business.
- Set the agent to also synchronise any other libraries that you wish to back up, such as a Team Site Documents folder.
- Install Redstor's Enterprise Server Edition backup client.
- By default, the local copy of OneDrive files will be synced to "C:\Users\Username\OneDrive - Business Name".
Team sites and other libraries will be synced to "C:\Users\Username\SharePoint" by default.
Select and include these folders for backup.
- Run a backup of the files to the Redstor Pro Storage Platform.
The files can now be restored as usual.
Note: If synchronising large amounts of data with OneDrive for Business, you will need sufficient free storage space on your Windows machine. The files will be read during a backup, which will initiate a sync to your device, from where they can be read by Redstor's system. Backups may report these files as skipped until local synchronisation is completed.