Attix5 Pro, when used together with the Microsoft OneDrive for Business (Office 365) Windows agent, can be used to backup files to a location outside the service.
Attix5 Pro allows the restore of different file revisions from different backup dates, and can also be used to restore deleted files.
- Install the Microsoft OneDrive Windows agent for your desktop or laptop user and configure the agent to synchronise your personal OneDrive for Business.
- Set the agent to also synchronise any other libraries that you wish to back up, such as a Team Site Documents folder.
- Install Attix5 Pro - either DL, SE or ESE.
- By default, the local copy of One Drive files will be synched to "C:\Users\Username\One Drive - Business Name".
Team sites and other libraries will be synched to "C:\Users\Username\Sharepoint" by default.
Select and include these folders for backup in Attix5.
- Run a backup to back up the files to the Attix5 Storage Platform.
The files can now be restored as normal.
Note: If synchronising large amounts of data with OneDrive for Business, you will need sufficient free space on your Windows machine to store these. The files will be read during a backup, which will initiate a synch to your device from where they can be read by Attix5. Backups may report these files as skipped until local synchronisation is completed.
Old Article ID: 298
Posted: 16 Feb, 2015 by Flood A.