Note: For Cloud to Cloud OneDrive backups, see Article 1159.
When used together with the Microsoft OneDrive for Business (Office 365) Windows agent, Redstor Pro software can be used to back up files to a location outside the service.
Redstor Pro allows the restoring of different file revisions from different backup dates, and can also be used to restore deleted files.
- Install the Microsoft OneDrive Windows agent for your desktop or laptop user and configure the agent to synchronise your personal OneDrive for Business.
- Set the agent to also synchronise any other libraries that you wish to back up, such as a Team Site Documents folder.
- Install Redstor's Enterprise Server Edition backup client.
- By default, the local copy of OneDrive files will be synced to "C:\Users\Username\OneDrive - Business Name".
Team sites and other libraries will be synced to "C:\Users\Username\SharePoint" by default.
Select and include these folders for backup.
- Run a backup of the files to the Redstor Pro Storage Platform.
The files can now be restored as usual.
Note: If synchronising large amounts of data with OneDrive for Business, you will need sufficient free storage space on your Windows machine. The files will be read during a backup, which will initiate a sync to your device, from where they can be read by Redstor's system. Backups may report these files as skipped until local synchronisation is completed.