Files and folders can be restored with their security settings intact. However, this requires that the security descriptor of a file/folder is checked and stored during��every backup. Because this process can be time consuming, the backup.extra.mode option has two settings that affect when security descriptors are updated on the Storage Platform:
- ALWAYS (default) - During the backup process, the latest security descriptor information for��all��files included in the backup selection are checked and sent to the Storage Platform.
- PROCESSED - During the backup process, only security descriptors for newly added or changed files��are checked. ��For all other files the security descriptors are assumed to be unchanged. This can significantly reduce the��time of the backup process, especially when millions of files are backed up.
To change the setting:
- Stop the ESE Backup Client service.
- Edit the��a5backup.proprties��file in the Backup Client installation folder and add the following line:
Note:��Remove the line again to revert the setting back to �?oalways�?�.
- Start the Backup Client service.
During the next backup, the following��will be displayed in the Backup Log:
Backup extra mode: ALWAYS/PROCESSED