After installing the client, the backup selection and scheduled backup time need to be set.
If your Linux or Unix machine has a GUI, you can use the Attix5 backup client GUI to configure these.
Alternatively, you can use Remote Management via the Storage Platform Console to perform the same configuration.
If you have no GUI and Remote Management is not an option, it is easiest to configure the client from command line.
- First install the client
- Cd to the installation directory /usr/share/a5backup
- To set the scheduled backup time, run the command:
sudo a5backup-cli :schedule set
sudo a5backup-cli :schedule set 19:00
- To add a path to the backup selection, run the command:
sudo a5backup-cli :selection include
sudo a5backup-cli :selection include /home
- To see the other backup selection options run the command:
sudo a5backup-cli :selection
- The other options allow you to deselect and exclude as you can in the backup GUI.
- When you have finished editing the selection, save the selection using:
sudo a5backup-cli :selection save
Old Article ID: 230
Posted: 21 May, 2013 by Flood A.