When trying to install the Attix5 Pro Backup Client you get a dialog showing:
To allow the installation of the Attix5 Pro Backup Client you can configure Gatekeeper to allow the applications from "Anywhere".
Note: We have found that the installation is only intercepted by Gatekeeper when it has been downloaded and installed via a download link from the Mac itself. It does not intervene when the *.dmg has been copied to the Mac platform or if it was installed from a Samba file share.
- Navigate to System Preferences from the Apple Menu or from the Dock.
- Click the Security & Privacy preference pane, under the Personal header.
- In the Security & Privacy pane, click the Lock icon on the bottom-left.
- Enter your Mac's username and password and click Unlock.
- Select Anywhere.
- When prompted, click Allow From Anywhere. You can now install any compatible application on your Mac without the installation being blocked.
Old Article ID: 195
Posted: 16 Oct, 2012 by Van Rensburg J.