The SIMS/FMS/Discover database plug-in is a specialised plug-in to protect Schools Information Management System (SIMS, provided by Capita in the UK - www.capita-sims.co.uk/) data. This article provides information on how to obtain the latest versions and install the plug-in.
First time install of the plug-in
Get the latest Backup Client and plug-in installer:
- Download the latest ClientUpdate.exe and plug-in installer from the Partner Portal.
Note: For a list of the latest Release Versions, please see FAQ Article 664.
The Plug-in Installer must be the same version as the Server Edition Client to allow the install of the plug-in
- Create a msi for the Server Edition Client (see the SP Console manual for steps)
- Install the Server Edition Client as per the Server Edition User Manual.
- Once the Server Edition install is complete, run the "Server Edition Plug-in Installer"
- When running the installer, you'll be prompted to enter some details
- Step 1: Make sure the SE installation folder is correct
- Step 2: Select "SIMS" in the list of plug-ins
- Step 3: If you're happy with the changes, proceed by clicking the Apply Requested Changes button
- Step 4: Click Finish
- Open the Backup Client and configure the SIMS plug-in. (Refer to the "SIMS" chapter in the Server Edition Plug-ins User Manual in the Partner Portal for more information)
Note: If you do not have access to the Partner area, please contact your Reseller to obtain the latest Backup Client and SIMS plug-in.
Once Auto-Updates are enabled for the particular Backup Groups and new "Client Auto Updates" have been extracted on the Storage Platform, the SIMS/FMS/Discover plug-in will automatically be updated during the next backup.
If FMS is installed but not SIMS, the plug-in will still display both the SIMS and FMS options. Navigate to the SIMS configuration page and deselect the Backup SIMS SQL Server check box. Failure to do so will cause backups to display an error that the SIMS plug-in has not yet been configured.
Old Article ID: 48
Posted: 14 Dec, 2010 by -- .