In some instances you need to configure the Backup client service or Storage Platform services to run as a specific user.
This is done to enable the Atiix5 Pro service access to files/folders that only a specific user or user group have access to.
- To set the service to run as a specific user, go to Computer Management.
- Select Services and Applications - Services.
- Locate the service eg: Attix5 Pro DL or Attix5 AccountServer.
- Select and double-click or right-click, select Properties.
- Select the 'Log on' tab and specify Log on as: 'This Account'.|
- Use the Browse button to select the correct account (or type the domain\user) and specify the password for this user.
- Stop and Start the service to verify it starts up as that user.
Make sure the user specified has the required privileges to access the desired files/folders/drives you want to backup or use as Working folders.
Old Article ID: 116
Posted: 29 Feb, 2012 by Van Rensburg J.