The restore process in Redstor Pro is as follows:
- Click on Previous Backups to retrieve the list of available backup dates from the Storage Platform.
- Click on the desired backup to retrieve the list of available files and data from the Storage Platform.
- Select the desired files for restore, then click Restore to confirm restore options and begin restoring data.
During Step 2, the list of files does not load successfully, resulting in a blank restore file list. It may show the message SQL Logic error or missing database or Error reading backup index: java.io.IOException: Premature EOF.
Cause and solution
There are various causes, and therefore solutions, to the symptom described above. If the symptom occurs, you should:
- Check the maximum memory settings allowed for the Redstor Pro service and GUI as described here. More memory is required for larger backup selections.
- Check if the application memory is lower than the service memory setting. If it is, increase the application memory to match the service memory. Redstor Pro uses the GUI to restore, whereas the service is responsible for backups.
- Check the database folder (Tools > Options > Disk Usage to confirm the path, the default path is the installation location):
- Delete all <number>.db files, e.g. 1328703110000.db, from the database folder (do NOT delete the backuplist.db) as this may have been corrupted locally and will not be retrieved again from the Storage Platform until the local copies are removed.
- Ensure there is sufficient free space where the database files reside. The larger the number of files being protected, the larger the database files will be and they can be several gigabytes large for backup selections of over a million files.
- Exclude the database path from antivirus scans (the same applies for all the Redstor Pro installation and working directories).
Old Article ID: 106
Posted: 13 Feb, 2012 by Flood A.