To perform this test you will need:
- Installed ESE Backup Client
- A web browser
- Storage Platform credentials (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Locate the service.log file in your Backup Pro installation folder e.g. "C:\ProgramData\Redstor Backup Pro\Backup Pro ESE\logs\"
- Find the log line section that states: "INFO MainApplicationContext - Web server started (http://localhost:" followed by a port number. For example:
2017-09-15 14:42:44,093 INFO /api/v2 - Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'apiv2'
2017-09-15 14:42:44,152 INFO MainApplicationContext - Web server started (http://localhost:55297)
2017-09-15 14:42:44,156 INFO PropertyStore - Loading properties file: C:\Program Files\Redstor Backup Pro\Backup Client ESE\connection.properties
If the line is not present, restart the ESE service and re-open the file.
- Copy the URL and open this in a Web Browser, eg http://localhost:55297 as pictured in the example above.
- Follow the "here" link in the web browser to open the Swagger UI. Wait for the resources to load.
- Click the "speed-test-controller" link to expand this section.
- Click the "Post" button to expand the function.
- Click the "Model Schema" section on the right to populate the "speedTestRequest" box.
- Edit the username and password values in the "speedTestRequest" field using your Storage Platform credentials. Also update the number of seconds for the "duration" of the test. For example:
- Click the "Try it out!" button and wait for the response to be returned.
- Note the Response Code and Response Body values. If the connection was successful, code "200" will be shown and the body will show the average number of bytes sent per second.
- To convert the response body into megabytes per second, divide the number of bytes shown by 1048576. For example, 49,679,564 / 1,048,576 = 47.37812423706055, which is 47.37 MB per second.
- Note that speed tests can also be seen in the Storage Platform Console: