When used together with the Google Drive Windows agent, Redstor's Enterprise Server Edition (ESE) backup client can be used to back up files to a location outside the service. Redstor allows the restoring of different file revisions from different backup dates, and can also be used to restore deleted files.
- Install the Google Drive Windows agent for your desktop or laptop user.
- Install the Redstor Pro Enterprise Server Edition (ESE) backup client.
- The local copy of Google Drive files will be synced to "C:\Users\Username\Google Drive".
- Select and include this folder for backup.
- Run a backup of the files to the Redstor Pro Storage Platform.
Note: Exclude the "Desktop.ini" file from the file selection if present, as this will report as a skipped file.
The files can then be restored as usual.
Note: If synchronising large amounts of data from Google Drive, you will need sufficient free space on your Windows machine. The files will be read during a backup, which will initiate a sync to your device from where they can be read by Redstor's system. Backups may report these files as skipped until local synchronisation is completed.