Attix5 Pro, when used together with the Google Drive (or GDrive) Windows agent, can be used to backup files to a location outside the service.
Attix5 Pro allows the restore of different file revisions from different backup dates, and can also be used to restore deleted files.
- Install the Google Drive Windows agent for your desktop or laptop user.
- Install Attix5 Pro - either DL, SE or ESE.
- The local copy of Google Drive files will be synched to "C:\Users\Username\Google Drive".
- Select and include this folder for backup.
- Run a backup to back up the files to the Attix5 Storage Platform.
Note: Exclude the "Desktop.ini" file from the file selection if present, as this will report as a skipped file.
The files can be restored as normal.
Note: If synchronising large amounts of data from Google Drive, you will need sufficient free space on your Windows machine to store these. The files will be read during a backup, which will initiate a synch to your device from where they can be read by Attix5. Backups may report these files as skipped until local synchronisation is completed.
Old Article ID: 296
Posted: 16 Feb, 2015 by Flood A.