VirtualRestore is seen as an optional, additional restore method to the primary, standard restore method.
There are a few pre-requisites for the feature to perform optimally in a V7 environment and be supported by Attix5.
Note: For details on using VirtualRestore in a V8 environment, refer to the VirtualRestore User Manual (available for download in the Partner Area)
- Requires a separate Group with SIS disabled i.e. no de-duplication will take place but allows for a mix of current or older clients on the same SS
- Requires a separate SS containing only V7.14 and newer allowing for de-duplication to be retained. Please note that should an older client version back up to this SS, VR functionality cannot be guaranteed.
Note: These requirements are always applicable when using VR:
- A "VirtualRestore" Storage Platform-level licence is required
- VirtualRestore Agent requirements:
- Elevated privileges
- .Net 4.5
- Windows Server 2008 / Windows 7 and above, 64-bit
- Backups using the Windows "Backup Operators" group are not supported
- Backup Client must be on Windows
- Requires a new initial backup (if not created when the SP was on V7.14 (Sailfish))
- Streaming backup only
Warning: Once the SP has been upgraded to V8, Backup Accounts created with Backup Clients other than ESE will no longer be able to use VirtualRestore functions. Standard restores remain unaffected.
Old Article ID: 268
Posted: 18 Aug, 2014 by Du Plessis S.