Although DL Backup Clients only support Binary Patching, from V7.0.1, .PST files are hardcoded to use Delta Blocking since it is much faster and requires much less disk space. You can turn off Delta Blocking for .PST files in the SP Console as follows:
- In the SP Console's Account Management view, right-click the Backup Group for which you want to disable Delta Blocking and click Configure.
- Navigate to the Profiling tab.
- Click Enable Profiling if it is not already selected.
- In the Available Options (Not Enforced) box, expand the Performance - Patching item.
- Double-click the Delta Blocking (on/off) item.
- Select False and click OK
Note: This procedure will disable Delta Blocking for all Backup Accounts in this Backup Group. If you only want to disable it for select Backup Accounts, move these Backup Accounts into a separate Backup Group and disable it on that Backup Group only.
Old Article ID: 218
Previous Views: 1267
Posted: 20 Feb, 2013 by -- .
Updated: 30 Jun, 2014 by Van Rensburg J.