In the event that your backup fails with messages like 'Exception:null' or 'Unable to recover from exception in backup process null', you may get additional information on the problem by running the Attix5 Pro service in debug mode.
- Stop the Attix5 Pro DL or SE service in Computer Management (the runner will show a red circle with a cross in the system tray).
- Open Command Prompt. Its best to run this as Administrator (the user that the Attix5 Pro service runs as).
- Navigate to the Backup Client install folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Attix5 Pro\Backup Client SE).
- Run one of the following command:
- 32-bit install: a5backup -debug
- 64-bit install: a5backup64 -debug
This will start the service in debug mode and show error messages in the Command Prompt window.
The runner in the system tray should now show the normal icon again.
- Now load the GUI as normal and do a backup and watch for any errors in the Command Prompt window.
- When you are done, press Ctrl-break in the Command Prompt window to stop the debugging service.
- Copy the info logged at the Command Prompt and email to Support.
Also include the backupservice.log file located in the root of the Attix5 Pro DL or SE folder.
Start the service again from the Windows service manager.
Old Article ID: 117
Posted: 29 Feb, 2012 by Van Rensburg J.