You see one or more of the following errors:
- In the Redstor Pro GUI or backup log file: "file is encrypted or is not a database" or "Could not calculate differences between new and previous backup sets:database is full"
- In the GUI or backup log file: "Unable to recover from exception in backup process"
Whereas in the backupservice.log file: "- Unable to recover from exception in backup process java.lang.NullPointerException at com.letsbackup.fileutils.index.IndexDatabaseComparator$2.onRightUnique(IndexDatabaseComparator.java:nnn)"
- If running the backup service in debug mode, you get an error code concerning db.dll, for example:
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x051b35d2, pid=90160, tid=90504
# JRE version: 6.0_30-b12
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.5-b03 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [db.dll+0x35d2]
- In the GUI or backup log file: Could not create backup: database disk image is malformed.
- In the GUI or backup log file: Could not create backup: disk I/O error
- In the GUI or backup log file: Could not create backup: unable to open database file
The Data Management Agent uses a local database to keep track of what is selected for backup. Occasionally the database could become corrupted, perhaps due to third party software changing the contents of the file or through disk corruption.
If you see these errors, do the following:
- Delete all *.db files from the database folder (Tools > Options > Disk Usage to confirm the path, the default path is the installation location).
- Ensure there is sufficient free space where the database resides. The more files being protected, the larger the database file will be.
- Exclude the database path from antivirus scans (the same applies for all the Redstor Pro installation and working directories). Also see FAQ Article 535
- Run the Account Setup Wizard and reconnect to the Account to download the index from the last backup. This will build a new backuplist.db file on the local machine.
- From version 7.14 (Sailfish) onwards the backuplist.db will be downloaded on the first backup after reconnection, which may extend the first backup time if the file selection is large.