This article describes how to recover a single mailbox using Attix5 Pro and Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group without using the Exchange or Single Mailbox Recovery plug-ins.
1. Open Exchange System Manager, and create a Recover Storage Group (RSG).
2. Note the name and location.
3. Right-click on the new RSG, and select Add Database to Recover....
4. Select the database and then click OK.
5. Once the database has been added, navigate to the Database tab and copy the default database name to the clipboard. You will need this after you have restored the backed up database.
6. Click OK. Exchange System Manager will display a Recovery Storage Group with no database mounted.
7. Recover the following files, using Attix5 Pro or the Exchange plug-in:
8. Restore the files to the Recovery Storage Group path; do not enable the Recreate directory structure restore option.
9. Once the two files are in the Recovery Storage Group folder, rename them using the default database name stored in your clipboard.
10. Open the Command Prompt and run the Eseutil database repair command:
Eseutil /P "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Recovery Storage Group\Mailbox store.edb"
11. Click OK to proceed.
12. Eseutil will repair the database.
13. After this has finished, you can now mount the Recover Storage Group from within Exchange System Manager.
14. Click OK to recreate Check Points and Transaction Logs.
15. The Recovery Storage Group will now mount.
16. Right-click on the Recovery Storage Group mailbox that you wish to migrate, and then click Exchange Tasks....
17. Follow the instructions provided by the Exchange Task Wizard.
You have now recovered a single Exchange 2003 mailbox.
Old Article ID: 122
Posted: 29 Feb, 2012 by Van Rensburg J.
Updated: 30 Jun, 2014 by Van Rensburg J.