This article��describes how��to recover a single mailbox using Attix5��Pro and Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group without using the Exchange or Single Mailbox Recovery plug-ins.
1. Open��Exchange System Manager, and create a��Recover Storage Group��(RSG).
2. Note the name and location.
3. Right-click on the new RSG, and select��Add Database to Recover....
4. Select the database and then click��OK.
5. Once the database has been added, navigate to the��Database��tab and copy the default database name to the clipboard. You will need this after you have restored the backed up database.
6. Click��OK. Exchange System Manager will��display a Recovery Storage Group with no database mounted.
7. Recover the following files, using��Attix5 Pro��or the Exchange plug-in:
8. Restore the files to the Recovery Storage Group path; do not enable the��Recreate directory structure��restore option.
9. Once the two files are in the Recovery Storage Group folder, rename them using the default database name stored in your clipboard.
10. Open the Command��Prompt and run the Eseutil database repair command:
Eseutil /P �?oC:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Recovery Storage Group\Mailbox store.edb�?���
11. Click��OK��to proceed.
12. Eseutil will repair the database.
13.��After this has finished, you can now mount the Recover Storage Group from within Exchange System Manager.
14. Click��OK��to recreate Check Points and Transaction Logs.
15. The Recovery Storage Group will now mount.
16. Right-click on the Recovery Storage Group mailbox that��you wish to migrate, and then click��Exchange Tasks....
17. Follow the instructions provided by the Exchange Task Wizard.
You have now recovered a single Exchange 2003 mailbox.
Old Article ID: 122
Previous Views: 5994
Posted: 29 Feb, 2012 by Van Rensburg J.
Updated: 30 Jun, 2014 by Van Rensburg J.