When an auto-upgrade from V8.15.1006.14104 to v16.3 takes place, the upgrade fails and the Backup Client remains on V8.15.1006.14101.
The following error is seen in the backupservice.log:
"Insufficient disk space: 500MB required, 0MB available."
This occurs on both OSX El Capitan 10.11.1 and OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.
Note: If your Backup Client is on v16, please refer to article 848 instead.
On both OSX versions the solution is to uninstall V8.15.1006 and then install v16:
- View the contents of the Backup Client application, e.g. Applications/Attix5 Pro.app/Contents/Resources
- Make a copy elsewhere of the following files:
- Uninstall the Backup Client and Backup Monitor
- Install the v16 Backup Client
- Copy the connection.properties and default.properties files back into the "Resources" folder of the newly installed client
- Restart the operating system to start the service (alternatively start the service via terminal)
- Run the Backup Client and from Restore tab, restore the Workspace\backupset.xml file to original location
Backups should now continue as per normal.
Note: Backup Client versions prior to 8.15.1006.14101 on both OSX versions, did auto upgrade but with the following issues:
- Some icons still shows the A5 branding and not the new Redstor branding
- Some icons are successfully updated after a reboot
- The services does not automatically start and a manual service start/reboot is required