The Enterprise Server Edition is unable to run a backup or start the service.
The Enterprise Server Edition (ESE) uses a different file location to the Server Edition (SE). Whilst SE stores cache, database and "toBackup" files in sub-folders of the installation folder i.e. "C:\Program Files\Attix5 Pro\Backup Client SE", the ESE stores its local files separately in "C:\ProgramData\Attix5 Pro\Backup Client ESE". The files are organised differently in ESE, so only one path is specified.
The data path can be changed within the ESE client GUI, but this may not always be possible. For example, if you run out of space on the C drive, the ESE client service will be unable to start, preventing you from changing the setting.
To fix the issue:
- Ensure the��Attix5 Pro ESE Service��has been stopped.
- Navigate to the Attix5 Pro ESE installation folder (by default C:\Program Files\Attix5 Pro\Backup Client ESE\).
- Open the��a5backup.properties��file using Notepad.
- Find the line beginning �?odb.dir=�?�. If the line, does not exist, create it and specify the new local data location using double backslashes �?�\\�?� for folder separators.
For example:��For the path "F:\A5\Data" the setting would be:
- Save and close the file.
- Move any existing data from the old data location to the new data location.
- When complete, start the��Attix5 Pro ESE Service.
Old Article ID: 291
Previous Views: 352
Posted: 12 Feb, 2015 by Flood A.
Updated: 27 Feb, 2015 by Du Plessis S.