When selecting the Temporary Access option in the InstantData application, the user can browse files, but not restore files permanently.
This happens when a StorageServer is configured on port 443.
With the Management Console open:
- Select the appropriate ESE backup account in the Account Management view.
- Right-click the account and click InstantData. Alternatively, click the InstantData button in the toolbar.
- With the InstantData application window open, you may connect the app to the backup account.
- Select the Temporary Access option and click Next.
- When confirming the Server and Backup Account details in the next window, make sure you are connecting to the AccountServer address, and not directly to the StorageServer address. The AccountServer will redirect to the correct StorageServer.
- Browse files in the virtual drive, and drag the required files to a permanent restore location.
- Ensure that all the files have been restored completely.