The backup or restore logs will display an error message "GC overhead limit exceeded" when restoring or backing up using the ESE Backup Client, for example:
WARN : 19:32:09 The 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18' folder has over '373,145' files. You should increase the memory allocation of the Backup service.
WARN : 19:33:22
WARN : 19:34:27 Backup data response for C: terminated unexpectedly
INFO : 19:34:27 Backup waiting to shutdown
INFO : 19:34:27 Aborting VSS backup
INFO : 19:34:28 Deleting VSS snapshot set
ERROR : 19:34:28 Backup failed: GC overhead limit exceeded
The backup-ui.log file will also contain the full stack trace also showing "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
The number of folders selected in the Restore or Backup Selection tree is larger than the Backup Client has memory to accommodate.
Increase the memory allocated to the Backup Client.
To do this:
- Open the ESE Backup Client window and click the Options button
- In the Options and Settings dialog box, select Advanced
- Set the Backup service amount to 1536 (the default is 512)
- Set the Backup Client interface to 1536 (the default is 1,024)
- Click Ok
- In order for the settings to take effect, the Backup Client window and Service need to be restarted:
- Close the Backup Client window
- Restart the "Redstor Backup Pro ESE" Windows service
Changes will take effect when opening the Backup Client window again.
Note: Should the initial memory adjustment specified in steps 3 and 4 not resolve the problem, it can be further increased up to 3012 MB