Before you begin
Please read the requirements and limitations outlined in Article 903.
How to convert an SE/DL Account to ESE
1. Perform the necessary upgrades:
- Upgrade the Storage Platform and Console to the latest version.
- Install the same version of SE/DL and ESE Agent updates on the Storage Platform.
- Ensure that the applicable SE/DL Agents are up to date.
- Perform a backup on the SE/DL Agent or use the Retrieve Settings button in the Agent to ensure that conversion information is sent to the Storage Platform.
2. Convert your Accounts:
- Once conversion information has been sent, log into the Console as a user with Storage Platform Administrator or Group Administrator permissions.
- In the Account Management view, expand the Account Management tree and select the group containing the SE/DL Account(s) to be converted.
- Select one or more Accounts. (Multiple Accounts can be selected by holding in the CTRL key while left-clicking each Account.)
- Right-click one of the selected SE/DL Accounts to bring up the context menu.
- Select Advanced and click Convert Data to ESE Format. This will initiate a conversion wizard.
- Once the Account has been converted, the SE/DL Agent will automatically be upgraded to ESE at the next auto update check.