Please note that some limitations exist that will prevent a Desktop/Laptop Edition or Server Edition Account from being converted to Enterprise Server Edition.
- Plugins. The following plugins cannot be carried over to the ESE Agent:
- VSS (except MS SQL Server)
- MS SQL Server (non-VSS)
- SIMS (now supported for ESE)
- Other legacy/unsupported plugins
- System State (using WSB) (now supported as Windows Image Backup with the "System State-only" option enabled)
- Settings. The following settings cannot be carried over to the ESE Agent:
- Using a SOCKS proxy server
- Using a VPN/dial-up connection
- Using multiple backup sets
- Using Staged Backups (now supported as Transfer Deduplication)
- Using Remote Management (now supported as Remote Access)
- SE installed in Backup Operator mode
Operating system (OS) compatibility. The OS must meet the ESE requirements (see the System Requirements and Compatibility Matrix).
- Conversion of a 32-bit SE running on a 64-bit OS is not supported.
- The Account's DL/SE Agent has to be upgraded to the latest release, and must have done at least one backup so that key conversion information will have been updated on the Storage Platform.
Note: This ensures that eligibility for conversion can be checked.
Tip: You can also use the Retrieve Settings button in the Agent instead of performing a backup to send conversion info to the Storage Platform.
- The latest ESE Agent updates must be installed on the Storage Platform.
- To carry over the VSS Plug-in: MS SQL Server, select its node only and not its parent, i.e. this
and not this
- The Windows service for the Agent must be running for the auto update to be initiated.
- You'll need Storage Platform or Group Administrator permissions in the Management Console.
- Ensure that you have at least 1GB of RAM available on the StorageServer for every 1 million files in the Account that is to be converted.
Note: This is over and above the minimum 4GB required by normal StorageServer operation.
- Ensure that sufficient disk space is available on the StorageServer containing the Accounts that are to be converted – 10% more than what is currently used by the Account in question.
Note: After conversion, the DL- or SE-format data will be deleted, leaving only the new ESE data.
To perform the prerequisite upgrades:
- Upgrade the Storage Platform and Management Console to the latest version.
- Install the same version of DL/SE and ESE Agent updates on the Storage Platform.
- Ensure that the applicable DL/SE Agents are upgraded to that version.
- Perform a backup on the DL/SE Agent or use the Retrieve Settings button in the Agent to ensure that conversion information is sent to the Storage Platform.
To convert Accounts:
- Once conversion information has been sent, log in to the Management Console as a user that has Storage Platform or Group Administrator permissions.
- In the Account Management view, expand the Account Management tree and select the group containing the DL/SE Account(s) to be converted.
- Select one or more Accounts. (Multiple Accounts can be selected by holding in the CTRL key while left-clicking each Account.)
- Right-click one of the selected DL/SE Accounts to bring up the context menu.
- Select the Advanced menu option, and click Convert Data to ESE Format.
A wizard will be initiated to guide you through the rest of the process. Take note of the prompts and requirements displayed on the screen.
Once the Account has been converted, the DL/SE Agent will automatically be upgraded to ESE at the next auto update check.
- The DL- or SE-format data will be deleted, leaving only the new ESE-format data.
- An ESE licence will automatically be allocated to each new ESE Account's Agent once that account has been converted, and the DL/SE licences will be "refunded" to the owning group. However, it is recommended that you allocate the appropriate number of ESE licences to affected backup groups for effective Storage Platform licence maintenance.
- All other applicable settings will have been converted to an ESE equivalent.
When the conversion of an Account is initiated, a new task on the Storage Platform is started. This task will sequentially convert each Account in the selected list.
At a high level, the process is as follows:
a) The Account's data is converted from DL/SE to ESE format
- Several checks are done to ensure the DL/SE Account can be converted.
- The Account is prepared by checking the data integrity.
- Backup indexes and files are converted to the new ESE format (DL/SE data is still preserved).
Note: This uses additional disk space on the affected StorageServer.
- At this point, the Account is also disabled and locked to prevent any other tasks, like backups and restores.
- Once the conversion has taken place, the data is verified with another quick integrity check.
Note: At this point, the “conversion” task on the StorageServer can no longer be cancelled.
- The original DL- or SE-format data is deleted; an ESE licence is reserved on the backup group; and the ESE Agent connects to the converted Account.
- If a MirrorServer is affected by this Account, a conversion task for the relevant Account is immediately performed on the MirrorServer.
b) The Agent is automatically upgraded to ESE
- Once the Account has been converted, the DL/SE Agent is automatically upgraded to ESE at the next auto update check.