Backup and recovery of Azure Blob Storage forms part of our cloud service offering. For more on what functionality we support, click here.
Note: To use the Azure Blob Storage backup service, you need to be both a RedApp company administrator, and an Azure Blob Storage account holder for the account/s you want to backup.
Use the guide below to manage your backups.
1. In the RedApp, locate the relevant customer name in the sidebar and click on it.
2. Go to Azure and then to Blob Storage.
3. Go to Add > Add blob accounts at the top right.
4. You will now be prompted to give Redstor the necessary permissions to access the storage account resources under your available subscriptions. Click Next, then sign into Azure using the account you want to add to your Redstor backups.
5. You will now see a list of Azure storage accounts that are not yet protected by Redstor. Select an account for backup and click Add at the bottom right.
6. Once the account has been added, you will be taken to an overview page for the account. To take a snapshot of the account immediately, click on the menu icon at the top right and select Snapshot.
A snapshot will be queued.
Note: Snapshots are created in the customer’s subscription in Azure.
You can monitor the progress of the backup at the top of the home page or under under Notifications > Tasks.
You will receive a message under Notifications > Recent when the snapshot completes.
1. On the home page for the relevant account, click on Backup Schedule > Edit.
2. You can retain the default of a single daily backup, or you can set your backups to only run on specific days (custom). In either case, use the drop-down menu to set the backup time. Set your preferences and click on the check mark.
1. On the home page for the relevant blob, locate the storage account you wish to recover, click on the menu icon and then Recover to.
You will need to select one of the following options:
- Current storage account reverts the current storage account to the selected snapshot.
- New storage account restores the selected snapshot to a new storage account.
Note: You will need to authenticate before any recovery.
You can then monitor the progress of your recovery on the instance's home page or under Notifications > Tasks.
You will receive a message under Notifications > Recent when the recovery completes.
On the home page for the relevant account, click on the menu icon at the top right and then on Remove.
You can also go to your list of accounts and expand the menu to the right of the relevant account, then click Remove.